the videogame forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE best console ever

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THE best console ever Empty Re: THE best console ever

Post  ASDF9876 Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:36 pm

yeah i really do not know a horribly rated game that actually made it to VC, aside from chinese warrior that game was like a wario ware inc. game that goes on for a few hundred minutes.

ASDF9876
wannabe
wannabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:28 pm

not neccesarily the bad usually does not make it there
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://andrewsgameforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:22 pm

Interesting point, however, it retains the good, and it includes all the good from the other systems. It all comes down to how much crap you can put up with for a good game.
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:12 pm

another point...if the wii accepts credit for all the good, it in turn takes credit for all the bad, such as aquaman games and superman 64. So the question is, does all the good brought by the SNES outweigh the crap of lots of modern consoles(e.g. the excess of stupid mario games after sunshine and before new super marion brothers)?
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 pm

There he goes again, further removing himself from the rest of society by reveling his inability to understand common figures of speech. So sad...
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 pm

IceLemur wrote:Actually, Tim, By saying the Wii is the best console, he is saying that the combination of all those systems plus the Wii's own capability is superior. In short, it proves that it is the best because it has everything the older systems had and its own new stuff.
Put that in a pipe and smoke it B&%$!!!!!

I don't smoke...that's bad for your health, even pipes. Plus, how would you smoke words?
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 pm

um wow ok uh.....kool
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Actually, Tim, By saying the Wii is the best console, he is saying that the combination of all those systems plus the Wii's own capability is superior. In short, it proves that it is the best because it has everything the older systems had and its own new stuff.
Put that in a pipe and smoke it B&%$!!!!!
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:32 am

you always seem to subtlly add something praising the SNES. hm....
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:38 pm

It's like what VH1 said about recent Twisted Sister concerts, old fans want to relive it, new fans want to see what all this stuff they were told about was really like. However, the fact that people still want to play these games makes the SNES even better. It's like fundamental option in morality class; the new fame increases the goodness of the original fame that led to it. therefore, by using that as a reason to hold up the Wii, you are actually holding up the NES, SNES, and n64...but i degress

While this is not the best console ever, i would like to give an honorable mention to the PAIN STATION!!!!
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:07 pm

(little time out here) this is why i might change my vote to wii because with the virtual copnsole you can play almost any game from any nintendo system (side from the virtual boy) this is genius when you think about it because if you dont have a NES you can play original mario and zelda or if u never played the SNES you can play Secret of Mana and others, even the n64 is there. although the excitement about the release of the previous games is not really there you still can enjoy timeless classics no matter what time period you were born in wether it be 65,000,000 bc to 1999ad you can enjoy almost any game from any time (sorry for that the idea and its geniusness really just hit me now)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Andrew, I was using SotC and Okami (which I have and love on the Wii Very Happy) as examples, furthermore, how can I honestly say That I prefer systems that I do not have? I just don't have as many experiences with them. I didn't ask you to agree with me, but I cannot say that I prefer a system I have barely ever played.
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:23 pm

well even more systems had even better games (just dont count them on one system count them on all of them)

N64-super mario 64
ocarina of time
majora's mask
donkey kong 64
star fox 64..the list goes on

wii-twilight princess
mario galaxy
(the largely unnoticed) zack and Wiki
No more Heroes..and once again the list goes on

NEs
original-mario
zelda
dk
kid icarus
and other amazing sequels like super mario 3

even the ds and game boy probally have many great games so before you go saying "oh wow the ps2 had 3-4 great games" think of the other hundred on other systems cuz i can find more highly rated games than just okami and whatever, I mean seriously have any of you even heard of Jet Force Gemini?? thought not if you can guess the system you get points for that....

....too many great games get overlooked and once you realize this please come back and talk some sense into everyone else
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 pm

I agree, PS2 was full of great series like SC2-3(All SC games kick butt), Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter...but I quite like the classics of SNES better.
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Anyway, to get back on topic, (best console ever + why), I will have to give my current vote for the PS2 (I never gave it to the N64).
Allow me to explain; as of now, the PS2 has some of the greatest games ever, such as Shadow of the Colossus and Okami (now on Wii Very Happy) on it. If you want proof, put Google to good use and search for them, I will guarantee you will find nothing but good reviews for Okami and all of the reviews of SotC I have seen are thumbs up, if not perfect.
Naturally, these games came out very late in the PS2's life, leading to a tragic commercial failure on both counts (Okami was really tragic, SotC was merely disappointing). However, as I have stated before, both of these are awesome games (SotC I have played, Okami I have not yet) but, are hard as hell to find. SotC I found while looking for Okami. Ironic, but I digress, my current opinion could change as the Wii matures, but from Nintendo's lineup of new games, I feel we have a wasteland approaching us (time to pull out the replays).
The PS2 was probably the best console of its time, and the PS3 is simply riding its reputation. The PS2 surpassed the Gamecube because it was simply a powered down version of the PS2, but I am glad it came along because without it, there would be no Wii.
SotC can only be described as epic. It cannot be truly appreciated without being played, and only the lowest of the low would dare spoil it for you. Or people who talk to much Rolling Eyes. I repeat: EPIC
Okami, I have not yet had the opportunity to play, but I will have it!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil From what I have seen, it is a beautifully crafted world, with wonderful art direction, and if you want to see what good art direction can do for a game, just look it up.
Simply put, the PS2 is home to some of the hidden gems of the gaming world, utilizing the full extent of its power.
Furthermore, a theory has occurred to me. As any of us can see, the gaming community has expanded far beyond the limits of true gamers into hoards of...these. Under this theory, it is not too much of a stretch to say that the NES generation introduced these kinds of people to the gaming. I'm not saying it's true, I'm not saying that the NES did it single handed, I'm not even sure if I agree with it, but it is something we must keep in mind (if I had to pin it on someone, I would say Halo, because it was one of the few good games that got a lot of commercial recognition by people who could go out and buy it on their own time).
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:46 pm

Tim, you shouldn't talk about yourself like that, do you need counseling? Question
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:59 pm

I must interject here with a quote from my theme song...

Oh say, can you see Everyone is dumb but me
I'm never, ever wrong And that's all you'll ever be.

and

One time you went to McDonalds and some french fries and some ketchup packets and you sat down to eat them but you couldn't get them open so you went to the store to buy some scissors but you didn't have enough money so you started running to your friends house to borrow some money so you could buy some scissors to open your ketchup packets and enjoy your french fries more fully but then just before you got to his front door a piano fell on your head... Because yer dumb.
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:52 pm

lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:27 pm

Actually, I think he has tried to prove himself wrong once...I can't remember when, but I just have a feeling it happened once...
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm

IceLemur wrote:First, Tim do you have to prove everything I say wrong? Is it an inferiority complex or something, because if it is, YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT!!!!! Besides, you knew what I meant.
Any way, just compair some of the games from even the gameboy color to the gameboy advance. For instance, a great game (that I have still not beaten because my advance has issues) Magi Nation (bad pun) is worlds harder than Kirby Nightmare in dreamland. Even compare the two orical games in the Zelda series to TLOZ TP (heh heh), they aren't much harder, but they were later GBC games.
Andrew, I said "becoming," the boss of the first temple was harder than the same temple's mini boss, but I was referring to the mini boss in the temple of time, who is much, much harder than the boss. It was a generalized statement, and in it was wrong, the bosses of the first, second, third, and fourth temples were harder than the mini bosses, but after the fourth temple, the mini bosses become harder (except in the fifth temple, those were about the same) it is just that the temple of time (sixth) was most prominent in my mind when I made the post.
Tim tries to prove everyone is wriong lol (except himself)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 am

Not really, at least for me, I rarely, if ever, use guides, and when I do get help on thing it is usually via a walkthrough. Though, these things may encourage game developers to make less complicated puzzles and more intense fights because of the guides.
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:38 pm

I varies game to game surley, but in general, the top games of yesterday seem more difficult than the top games of today. This may also be due to the wide variety of gaming resources available today such as magazines, strategy guides, and websites (all of which they had, but not in as much quanity)
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  IceLemur Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:02 pm

First, Tim do you have to prove everything I say wrong? Is it an inferiority complex or something, because if it is, YOU NEED TO GET OVER IT!!!!! Besides, you knew what I meant.
Any way, just compair some of the games from even the gameboy color to the gameboy advance. For instance, a great game (that I have still not beaten because my advance has issues) Magi Nation (bad pun) is worlds harder than Kirby Nightmare in dreamland. Even compare the two orical games in the Zelda series to TLOZ TP (heh heh), they aren't much harder, but they were later GBC games.
Andrew, I said "becoming," the boss of the first temple was harder than the same temple's mini boss, but I was referring to the mini boss in the temple of time, who is much, much harder than the boss. It was a generalized statement, and in it was wrong, the bosses of the first, second, third, and fourth temples were harder than the mini bosses, but after the fourth temple, the mini bosses become harder (except in the fifth temple, those were about the same) it is just that the temple of time (sixth) was most prominent in my mind when I made the post.
IceLemur
IceLemur
master
master

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Mage_Punos Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Main Entry: 2graphic
Function: noun
Date: 1944
1 a: a product of graphic art bplural : the graphic media
2 a: a graphic representation (as a picture, map, or graph) used especially for illustration b: a pictorial image displayed on a computer screen <the program's graphics are impressive> cplural but sing or plural in constr : the art or science of drawing a representation of an object on a two-dimensional surface according to mathematical rules of projection
3plural but sing or plural in constr : the process whereby a computer displays graphics
4: a printed message superimposed on a television picture

There is the merriam-webster definition of graphics, nothing about being realistic...as for the harder...another poll Here is another poll!

Games are easier...from personal experience i have beaten more PS2 than SNES games...that is both in 100% completion and just beating the final boss.
Red_Mage_Punos
Red_Mage_Punos
very involved gamer
very involved gamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:43 pm

not really in fact an example is the first temple the mini boss (monkey) was WAy easier than the boss same with the air temple
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next